CTZCC Home Page

Click HERE to visit the CTZCC Home Page
Welcome to the
Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Very Sad News - The Passing of Colin Foote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTZCC.COM Forum Index -> Concerns for Club Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tr3hardtop

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Colin Reply with quote Back to top

Colin just forwarded me about the devastating loss of Colin, our hearts and prayers go out to Robin and his family. Although our time together was short we always loved getting together with Colin and Robin, It was like seeing a mirror image of Colin and I, a very special relationship between father and son.
I remember at the Lime Rock event, a new member walked up to us to introduce himself and met with…”Hi I’m Colin”, …”Hi I’m Colin”, …”Hi I’m Colin”, he walked away shaking his head!
I sit here this morning stunned, reflecting on what a wonderful lad he was and such a loss to his family, friends and all of us at CTZCC.
With a heavy heart,
Colin
The older one.

Colin,Colin & Robin.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  307.94 KB
 Viewed:  3564 Time(s)

Colin,Colin & Robin.jpg

Frank T

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We all have special memories of Colin.

On the day this picture was taken, I remember him taking a moment to explain to me the special exhaust tips he installed on his 240, which eliminated exhaust sneaking back into the cabin.

Not a significant event, but this picture just flashed that moment thru my memory bank. I remember how he smiled quietly when I complimented him on how clever his idea was. Of course, as always, he credited his dad.

Colin will be missed in a lot of ways by a lot of people. He touched a lot of lives.

CygnusX1

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am speechless, not in a good way. Condolences to all of Colin's friends and families. Sad

MadLarkin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My deepest condolences go out to his family and loved ones. As a former two-wheeler, tragedies like this hit close to home.
Z-less
"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." -Aesop

Mike_G

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How Sad.
My thoughts and prayers go out to Collins friends and family.

blackfairlady

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He sounded like a wonderful person. My thoughts and prayers go out to those fortunate enough to know him.

Andrew

Barry'z (NJ)

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So saddened by the news of this tragedy. My sincerest condolences go out to his family, loved ones, and all those touched by this loss to our community.

My Mod List & More
At Motortopia

mikeatrpi

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a horrible, horrible tragedy and the saddest of news. To family and everyone who knew him personally - I'm very sorry for your loss.

joe.plescia

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Very Sorry Reply with quote Back to top

I am very sorry to hear about Colin. We lost one of our brothers.
My condolences to the family. Crying or Very sad

Airjockie

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sad and mad at the same time...I've been reading those comments on that newspaper site...and it gets frustrating to know that this could have been avoided. My condolences to his family, he will be missed. Sad

Also Known As Clayton Pace

Concept Cars

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Missing Colin Reply with quote Back to top

My deepest condolences to Colin's friends and family. I emailed Colin when I needed local (RI) advice about my newly acquired 240z, he gave me plenty of tips. I was looking forward to thanking him in person this season. I can share the loss everyone is feeling, we never met, but I considered him a friend. I'm so sorry for this tragedy, I will pray for his family and friends and that he rests in peace.

EVILZ

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to hear about your loss and my deepest condolences goes to the family. He will be remembered by many members here and I love the idea to have a spot for him at the next Z show!

God speed!

1976 Fairlady Z

dan.linquist

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Robin I'm very sorry for your loss. I only met you and Colin, once last fall, at the fall picnic.My deepest sympathy, to you and your family.

Dan Linquist

Don Mei

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What a terrible tragedy. I know that road well as we have a summer home in Point Judith RI. I drive it quite a bit in my Z and my Harley. My heartfelt condolences.

Don Mei

ozzinc

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: extreme sadness and lost of one of are Z brothers Reply with quote Back to top

im in total shock and sadness to get the news that Colin has left us and moved on to the pearley gates in heaven riding in the wind just as a true zcar trooper would, it just takes one just one to effect many, and he has effected many in such a joyous way, he will truly be missed, and my prayers go out to family and close friends of colin. Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTZCC.COM Forum Index -> Concerns for Club Members All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: