CTZCC Home Page

Click HERE to visit the CTZCC Home Page
Welcome to the
Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

1970 Datsun 240Z for sale (VIN #4027) Series 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTZCC.COM Forum Index -> Cars and Parts for Sale, Trade or Free
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpheitman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: 1970 Datsun 240Z for sale (VIN #4027) Series 1 Reply with quote Back to top

UNDER DEPOSIT 1970 Datsun 240Z for sale. Series 1 - VIN #4027 I purchased the car in 1998 from someone who used it as a daily driver. The engine had just developed a rod knock, and since the kid selling it was still going to college he had no money to fix it. After trailering the car home, it sat for the last 15 years.

Car is complete as the day I bought it (never messed with it like my other cars), and includes no spares. It's not 100% original, as it includes an aftermarket steering wheel and a moonroof. Will need new floors and carpeting. Seats are in good condition, except for a small tear on the drivers side (see photo). I see it also has the "Nissan 2400 OHC" valve cover.

I have included a link to my box.com account which includes 38 photos of the car. If you believe there are other photo angles needed, please share and I will add the pics to the folder.
https://app.box.com/s/pqtn5wosis0bw2qf7cra

Car resides in Bethany, CT and I live a little over an hour from there. Car can be shown by appointment; I'll try to make as many showings as possible or my brother or Dad will be available.

First $1,000 in cash trailers it away to it's new home. CT title in hand.

-Robert
rpheitman@comcast.net

I have another 240Z in pieces that I will be posting soon. Parting out engine (both orig. parts and new) and some suspension, brake, interior parts.

Last edited by rpheitman on Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frank T

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This car is of interest to me, due to its early VIN and because it's "one of two thousand" (or so) remaining 1970 Z cars. As such, it's a deserving candidate for a total restoration (and it needs one badly, before things start falling off).

Must see the frame rails, please. I know it's hard to shoot in the field like that, but how about sliding a big mirror under the car and shooting down on the reflection? Any chance of that?

Frank

rpheitman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Picked a bad time of year to take pictures, huh? Don't think I have a full length mirror available, but will try to come up with some camera angles.

Thanks for the feedback!

Frank T

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing Haha! It didn't start snowing until I asked for a mirror shot! Sorry.
Let's wait until the snow melts. Probably be gone by next week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTZCC.COM Forum Index -> Cars and Parts for Sale, Trade or Free All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: